NEP Media Services AS
Last updated: 9 January, 2018
NEP Media Services AS ("us", "we", or "our") operates the www.mediabank.com website and the services offered on the website. The same services are also available on applications ("Apps" or an "App") made available on various platforms and devices (the "Services").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Services.
Information collection and use
In order to facilitate the Services for you, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you, some of which are mandatory. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, phone number and login information, login password, voluntarily submitted by you to us, to external websites and applications ("Personal Information"). The provision of mandatory Personal Information is a basic requirement to provide access to the Services.
We use your Personal Information for providing and improving the Services according to our service agreement(s) entered with you and/or your organization. By registering with and using the Services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
It is voluntarily to submit Personal Information to us. Please however be aware that it will be necessary for you to submit certain mandatory Personal Information in order to register your user account and thereby enabling you to use the Services.
If you are using the Services on behalf of an organization, we deem that you use the Services in agreement with and in the interest of the organization.
Access to accounts and services operated by third parties
We may also, however only subject to your specific request and as instructed by you, use Personal Information to access accounts operated on different platforms by third parties, including selected social media platforms, to distribute media and information pursuant to your choices and actions. You must be aware that such third parties may have their own privacy policies and service terms addressing how they use such information and media content distributed by you. You are therefore advised to seek information about any applicable third party terms and conditions governing Personal Information and the use of other information submitted to such third party platforms by you.
We may collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Services ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase the functionality of the Services.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
We use "cookies" to collect statistical information on how you use the Services and to re-use data earlier submitted by you to improve the speed and the general user experience. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Services.
Personal Information collected by our Apps (Services accessed via Apps e.g. on hand held devices and pads) will only be processed in accordance with the terms of this policy. If you choose to access the Services by using our Apps you will be requested to submit your personal login information (personal username and password) to be able to use the Services associated with your Mediabank account.
Accessing the Services by Apps, the App will request access to the device's photo/video library, microphone and position data for the purpose of allowing all of the functions offered in the App to work. You may at any time choose to disable access to the microphone, photo/video library and positioning data in the App settings on the device.
Please note that:
- The purpose of the microphone functionality is to allow you making comments, remarks etc. as part of your use of the Services. The device's microphone only will be active when you specifically choose to use the microphone as a function available in the Services. By disabling this function in the App settings, you will experience less functionality in the App.
- As a core functionality of the Apps, the App will request access to your device's photo/video library. The access to the device's photo/video library only will be active upon your request to up or download media content from or to your device, and no other content than the files you specifically choose will be transferred from or to your device and processed by the App. By disabling this function in the App settings, you will experience less functionality in the App.
- Positioning data will only be used as metadata attached to content processed by you in the App, as view- and editable metadata supplements to the content processed in the Mediabank database. The Services will work without restrictions should you choose to disable the Apps' access to the device's positioning data in the App settings of your device.
Data collected from Apps will be not be disclosed to third parties other than for purposes described elsewhere in this policy.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide the Service on our behalf, and for the purpose of improving the user experience and the software/hardware performance connected to the Service functionality, and to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We will only keep your Personal Information for as long as it is necessary to deliver the Services to you and to comply with our Service agreements, or until your Personal Information has been erased (as far as permitted by law) upon your written request (please confer the section "Your rights" below).
Compliance with laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Services.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and stored on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. It is however our obligation to ensure that Personal Information is protected at the same level as required by EU data protection laws.
If you are located outside Norway and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to Norway and process it there.
Your consent to this policy followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
Links to other sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
We will delete your Personal Information upon termination or expiry of the applicable service agreement(s) enabling you to use the Services, unless we are required to keep all or parts of the Personal Information according to law.
Upon a written request from you submitted to our address set out at the end of this policy:
- You have the right to obtain from us a confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, where and for what purpose, and information of the (non-confidential) security measures taken by us to protect your Personal Information.
- We will provide to you a copy of your Personal Information possessed by us, free of charge, in a generally used machine readable format.
- You have the right to require us to correct, remove parts of and ultimately erase all your Personal Information possessed by us to the extent the law permits us to do so.
- You have the right to request us to provide you with your Personal Information possessed by us in a generally used machine readable format to be transmitted to another data controller.
Please be aware that a request to erase your Personal Information will result in unavailability of the Service.
Changes to this policy
We may update this policy from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new policy on this page.
You are advised to review this policy periodically for any changes. Changes to this policy are effective when they are posted on this page.
NEP Media Services AS
P.o. box 6731 Etterstad